Arrived in Houston

>> Thursday, March 19, 2009

Well, we made it to Houston! I have to say, it wasn't a bad drive at all. It went by pretty fast, and we only stopped twice. Once we got into town, we stopped at one of my closest friend's house, Jackie to say hello. She looks great, and I can't wait to spend more time with her when she comes in for my shower. Then we continued our drive into Friendswood. The traffic was horrible, and by that time, I was ready to be at our destination (Shawn's Aunt Judy and Uncle Bob's). When we got in, Shawn and Uncle Bob went to play golf, and Aunt Judy, Hollie and I stayed behind. Judy and Hollie gave their dog Shadow a bath and then played outside, while I got to rest and watch TV. I tried so hard to take a nap, but both of the babies were kicking so much, I wasn't able to sleep. Last night, they fed us an outstanding meal of tamales, homemade beans, with homemade salsa (2 different kinds) and homemade Pico. Oh, it was so good. I think Bob and Judy were in shock at how much I could eat and not get heartburn. That's definitely a similarity I've had in both pregnancies. No Heartburn! Thank goodness!!! Anyway, I just woke up, and we are about to go downstairs to eat breakfast, and get ready to go to the Space Station.

Shawn and I are extremely anxious, but excited about tomorrow. It's going to be a long day, but I'm ready to have that MRI, so that I know where the liver is, and it would be nice to know if they could tell us how bad the hernia is in her diaphragm. But, even with that, we still won't know the severity of it all, until she's born.

Well, orange juice is calling my name, so I'm going to close for now. Just wanted to let everyone know that we made it to Houston okay.

Love,
Stephanie

3 comments:

Tracy Meats March 19, 2009 at 10:48 AM  

Happy to hear that you made it to Houston! I hope Hollie enjoys the Space Station today. Many prayers for a good day tomorrow and the MRI will give you more details.

Take care, Tracy - mom to Ian

Craig and Kristi Kuehl March 19, 2009 at 11:44 AM  

I know what you mean about the traffic. Every time we have to drive into San Francisco, I think Craig needs a Valuim :) And he is a CHP officer, so you would think he would be used to the traffic! Maybe we should take a patrol car... I will be saying a special prayer for "liver down", so keep us posted.

Much support and prayers for you guys...you are doing great!!

Maxton's Mommy March 19, 2009 at 12:58 PM  

Hoping you hear liver down! I am jealous about the heartburn... even bread or water gave me heart burn. My mom would say "don't eat that pizza- it will give you heartburn". But I figured if water gives me heartburn then I will just enjoy my pizza! I kinda miss being pregnant, but I sure don't miss hearburn. Anyways, hope you guys have a good trip!
Ashley

  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP