It's a little different with TWINS!

>> Wednesday, April 1, 2009

There is one question that I've been hearing a lot lately. And that is, "Does it feel different being pregnant with two, rather than one?". In the beginning there was no difference. And about half way through, the biggest difference was the size of my belly. I definitely started showing around 10-12 weeks. I know two people that are due one month ahead of me, and I'm bigger than them. So, there's that difference. And now I can feel them move, and I can tell who is who. But, in all honesty, being pregnant with Hollie was soooo easy compared to this one. I was never nauseated, I really didn't even start to show until I was about 5 1/2 months pregnant. And it wasn't until the last 2 weeks of the pregnancy that I started to pee all the time, and get really uncomfortable. And I had her at 41 weeks gestation. She just made it really easy on her mama. Well, I'm 26 weeks today, and two people within the last two days have asked me if I have "2 in there". I'm HUGE. I feel like a balloon! A parade balloon. The gas pains have started, and the discomfort has been there, especially in the pelvic region for the last 2-3 weeks or so, and only getting worse. And of course, no sleep at night. So, those are just a few of the differences…

I have my regular OB appointment tomorrow afternoon. I always look forward to seeing both babies on the sono, and watching them wiggle and squirm. I also love talking with my Dr. Trylovich, because we never feel rushed, and we always feel like she takes such great care of me. I'm going to talk to her tomorrow about my swelling feet, pelvic pain, etc. She told me that usually pregnant women with twins go on bed rest around 28 weeks. I'm going to try my hardest to make it to at least 30 weeks. But, man, I'm getting to that miserable stage - FAST! I feel like if I could bring our recliner from home and work from it all day, I'd be a happy camper.

Friday is our big appointment with Children's and Parkland Hospitals. I'm looking forward to meeting everyone and especially seeing where I will deliver and where Kamryn will spend her first few months of life. I'm anxious to ask questions like, "Will Brooke be able to touch her sister after they are born" and "How soon will I be able to hold Kamryn", etc. We are both especially looking forward to meeting everyone and being reassured that this is the place where we should deliver.

Since I've been pregnant, I've become a constant worrier. I constantly worry about Hollie and how she'll be after the babies are born. I worry about Kamryn and her health. I also worry about Brooke, and that people will forget that she's just as special as her two sisters. This week, I've been worrying a lot about the day of delivery. I know Shawn will go with Kamryn and be with her, which is what I want. But, I'm kind of scared that I'll be alone with Brooke and no one will be there with me, b/c they'll be waiting to hear news from Shawn about Kamryn. I just fear that Brooke is being forgotten in all of this, and she is just as important as Kamryn and Hollie. I know that worrying does nothing good for me. And I also know that I should be giving all of these concerns to my Father. But, I'm human, and I still worry. I feel like I have given Kamryn's situation to Him, and that it is all in His hands. Only He knows what will happen to her. And I'm okay with that. I just remember being pregnant with Hollie thinking whatever happens, happens. Not so with these two little ones! Not at all!

Lastly, my first baby shower is this Saturday. I can't even begin to tell you how excited I am. My friends and sister, Angel, Jennifer, Jackie, Paige, Alicia and Jana are working so hard on it, and I can't wait to post pictures, because I know it will be spectacular. I'm especially excited because Hollie is going to be there with me helping. She had a hard time deciding what she wanted to do, b/c she has a soccer game at the exact same time. I left the decision entirely up to her. It took her a good day to make up her mind. As soon as she told me yesterday that she decided she wanted to go to the shower with me, I told her how happy I was, b/c I need help opening presents. She asked if she could unwrap all the taped ones with wrapping paper, b/c those are her favorite. I told her of course. She's so excited. I told her we have to be sure to act like a lady, and be a big girl the whole time. Should be interesting. I'm just so excited about seeing all of my friends and family, and celebrating with them, these two special lives.

That's all for now. Shawn will most likely be on tomorrow to post about our OB appt. tomorrow.

Love, Stephanie

4 comments:

Jaime's World April 1, 2009 at 10:25 PM  

Stephanie,
Sounds like you have a busy few days coming up! Make sure you rest in between the appointments and shower as much as you can! And pray that you don't have to be on bed rest just yet...trust me, it's not very fun!
Also, try to enjoy the rest of your pregnancy, knowing that your girls are safe inside you and don't let others bother you about your size! :-)
Hang in there and have a great shower this weekend,
Hugs,
Sheryl

Unknown April 2, 2009 at 11:34 AM  

Your worries are totally normal. But you love all three of your girls and they will always know that.
Yeah, the twin thing. Its my only pregnancy, but I know its different. I'm having a c-section at 35 weeks because of the placenta previa. So far, there is no word of going on bedrest. I hope to work until 30-31 weeks but we'll see. And yeah, I'm huge.
It will be neat if my boys can meet your girls some time in the future.

Tracy Meats April 2, 2009 at 11:55 AM  

(((HUGS))) Stephanie! You are doing such a great job taking care of ALL 3 of your girls. What lucky girls to have a mom like you. I hope you baby shower is lots of fun and the girls are showered with goodies. What a great mother/daughter event to do with Hollie, something she will always remember. Look forward to seeing the pics! Hope tomorrow is a good day and you find peace in your decision on where the girls will be delivered and receive their care. My miracle is turning 5 tomorrow, so continue to believe in miracles and have faith those 2 precious girls, Brooke and Kamryn are going to do great.

Sending you lots of positive thoughts and energy in the weeks to come! Tracy - Ian's mom

Katie April 2, 2009 at 10:39 PM  

My 1st pregnancy was a singleton and my second was twins and let me tell you, they were SO different. Being pregnant with twins is exhausting to say the least! You are doing a great job.

The reason I'm posting is to ask if you know about another family who had twins, one who has CDH? Their website is www.oliviashope.org. I have followed their story since they were born. They are now home, I believe in TX. Just wanted to pass this along. Saying lots of prayers for all babies with CDH!

  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP