33 Weeks Tomorrow

>> Tuesday, May 19, 2009

I can't believe that I'll be 33 weeks tomorrow. When we took the home pregnancy test four days before Halloween last year, Shawn and I were shocked to see those two lines. It's what we've been wanting to see for years and years. Then, when we had that blood test confirmed by our fertility doctor, and the numbers were so high, we just knew it was twins. Just knew it. And then, I remember thinking, man, it's going to take forever to get to June. And here we are! The time has FLOWN! I don't think it would have gone by so fast if we didn't have Kamryn to worry about. Going to the doctor week after week, has made the pregnancy go by much faster. The end is so close, yet so far away.

Last night, I had some lower abdominal and lower back cramping. It wasn't too terribly painful, but it did take my breath away. But, getting up and walking across the room takes my breath away, so it's hard to tell what it truly was. The most comfortable position to be in at that time was standing. Not good when it's 10:30 at night, and your dog tired and want to sleep. My stomach is also starting to look different too. It looks as if the babies are turning and wanting to make their debut. But, then again, what do I know? I could be totally wrong.

Hollie has been a gem lately. Over the weekend, she told me that she wanted to give me a foot massage every night until the babies arrive. I'm thinking, OKAYYYYY!!! Well, her version of a foot massage is putting lotion on my toenails with a makeup brush. But hey, it makes her feel good. Last night, Hollie and I saw our friend Katie. She's a friend that used to work with Shawn, and we have stayed friends after she moved on to teaching. Anyway, she brought Hollie some gifts to enjoy over the Summer. Thank you Katie! She also showed Hollie a picture of her new bunny, Lucy. Well, ever since then, Hollie's been talking about wanting a new bunny. It brought her to tears last night, when we told her that it probably won't be happening anytime soon (or ever for that matter). She kept coming up with ways that she could afford it, or she could earn the bunny. I have to say, she's creative when she wants something this bad. I've never seen her so obsessed with wanting a pet like this. Not going to happen though. Not right now at least. She mentioned it again this morning on the way to school. Sheesh!

I'm just getting so excited to meet these sweet baby girls. I know they both have a full head of hair. I can't wait to see their faces and put little tiny bows in their hair. I can't wait to have their tiny hands wrapped around my finger. I can't wait to see Hollie's expression when she sees her little sisters for the first time. I can't wait for so many things... But, I'm literally getting scared to death thinking about Kamryn. Her right lung looks really good, and we think her liver is down (we'll know for sure on Thursday at our MRI), but even if it is, it doesn't guarantee her survival. It breaks my heart that Hollie will only be able to visit her on Friday's from 4-6pm. Thankfully, she'll have Brooke to "help" out with, but she has such a caring heart, that I know she will be worried sick about Kamryn. We're going to have to take a ton of pictures to show her how she's doing between Fridays. I can only imagine how hard it will be for her to understand everything. Bless her sweet heart.

So, in closing, I ask for prayers regarding Hollie... To guard her heart and keep it strong after the babies are born. I ask for prayers regarding Kamryn, that she fights with all her might, and never ever gives up. Prayers for Brooke, that she remains healthy and that she'll be reunited with her twin sister as soon as possible. Prayers for Shawn... When these babies are born, I know he's going to be running ragged going from my hospital room to the NICU, trying to take in as much information, as well as update the blog. He's going to be tired, so I pray that his mind is able to stay focused on what the doctors and nurses are saying, and that he keeps his patience through it all.

We have an MFM appointment tomorrow and then our MRI on Thursday. I'm sure Shawn will be updating the blog with those two appointments.

Much, much love to all!!!

Love, Stephanie

5 comments:

Maxton's Mommy May 19, 2009 at 3:40 PM  

:-) Hollie won't care about that bunny once she has her little sisters to play with! She just doesn't know yet. Many prayers all around for you all! I just sent you an email too.

Ashley

Tracy Meats May 19, 2009 at 5:22 PM  

33 weeks is great news!!! I sure hope the girls hold out for several more weeks. You are such a strong person Stephanie and a wonderful mom to your 3 girls. To read your discomfort, my thoughts go out to you. Hope your appts. this week go good and there are no surprises from the MRI. Hope the girls don't dance around too much and the test is over quickly, for your sake. Your entire family is my prayers in the weeks to come. Something that may help Hollie after the girls arrive, is having her draw/paint pictures or doing a craft to have you put up near Kamryn or to have her bring to her sister every Friday. Hollie is going to be a caring and wonderful big sister.

Thinking of you and sending positive thoughts and energy for the weeks to come,
Tracy

FaithCDH May 19, 2009 at 5:58 PM  

Looking forward to hearing updates from the US tomorrow! I am 33 weeks and 3 days and I am uncomfortable with just a singleton! My heart goes out to you. Be sure to rest, we aren't ready to meet those little girls just yet!

Keeping you all in our thoughts and prayers.

Amy Miles

Anonymous May 19, 2009 at 10:35 PM  

Wow, 33 weeks, that is so good for twins!!!! Time is flying isn't it? Hollie sounds like such a sweet girl!
Good luck with the upcoming MRI, I hope it will bring more good news... Hang in there, just a little longer!

Lotusflower (IVFC)

Jaime's World May 20, 2009 at 1:07 AM  

33 weeks? Wow, seems like just yesterday we were emailing and comparing CDH stories...look at us now, Stephanie!
I can't wait to see your little ones either! I know that they are going to be just as beautiful as their big sister! :-)
Praying for all of you!
Sheryl

  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP