9 Days and Counting!

>> Monday, June 8, 2009

Well, it's 4:30am and guess who's up!!! I'm sure some of this insomnia is due to anxiety of going to the hospital later this morning. But, this is pretty typical of me to be up around now. I usually go back and forth between the bed and recliner, trying to find a comfortable position. Finally after about 2 hours, my body will just give up the fight and let me fall back to sleep sooner or later. But, this morning, I think I'm up for good.

I'm ready to get admitted into the hospital for my own peace of mind. Although, I'm not ready to leave my familly. Last night, Shawn had to take his truck in to get a tire replaced. Hollie and I drove over there to pick him up so we could all go out to dinner. I think it hit Hollie on the way over there that Mommy was going to the hospital, and was going to be gone for a while. She kept telling me how much she was going to miss me. It was so incredibly hard to hold back those tears. I think I did give her good news though. She thought that I was going to stay in the hospital the whole time Kamryn was going to be there. I reassured her that as soon as I have the babies and I'm well enough to go home, then we would be bringing Brooke home, and then we would start our visits to the hospital to see Kamryn. That eased her mind for about oh, a minute. And then she started worrying about Kamryn. She asked who would be taking care of Kamryn, if Shawn and I were going to be at home in the middle of the night. I told her the nurses. She asked who would feed her and change her diapers and I told her the nurses do all of that for us. Can you imagine being 7 1/2 years old trying to understand this whole CDH thing??? It must be so hard for her. Bless her heart. However, Shawn and I reminded her of all the fun things she'll get to do while I'm in the hospital. She has her evening Brownie camp all next week. It's a camp that takes place Monday through Friday, and lasts from 7pm to 10pm. I gave her a disposable camera for her to take pictures. I can't wait to post those on the blog. She's so excited about it. And she'll also get to see her friends to go swimming, etc. I pray that the time travels fast for her.

Today she was telling me how excited she is about HER babies coming. This is the 3rd or 4th time I've heard her refer to them as HER babies. It's so cute to hear. I just can't believe that they are going to be here in 9 days or less. I'm so ready!!!

Well, that's all for now. Please continue to pray for babies Jaime, Avery and Carter. Baby James is going to make his debut into this tough world tomorrow. All of their blogs are on the right hand side for you to follow. Our thoughts and prayers are with each and every one of those families.

Love to you all!

Stephanie

7 comments:

Maxton's Mommy June 8, 2009 at 7:42 AM  

Hi Stephanie and Shawn!!! I pray that you all have a calm day and that the babies hold out until your doctor gets back. I also hop for the transition to be pretty smooth for Hollie. Thinking of you guys!
Ash

Marion June 8, 2009 at 8:34 AM  

Stephanie,

I put you on our prayer list, so not only do you have Jason and I praying for you and your girls, thentire RUMC congregation is on your side. The time will fly by while you are in the hospital. Enjoy the calm before the storm. Sending love your way, Marion

Jaime's World June 8, 2009 at 9:12 AM  

Wishing you lots of luck! We're praying for a safe, uneventful delivery! Can't wait to see the girls! I'm especially excited for Hollie to be a big sister! She can join Jared in the big sibling club! ;-)
Love and prayers,
Sheryl

Rachel Dominguez June 8, 2009 at 2:32 PM  

So sweet of Hollie and the conversations she had, but also such a tear jerker. She must be so confused. All I can do is PRAY PRAY PRAY for all of you that everything remains...Ok!

I am getting excited to see the babies. You are in my constant thoughts and prayers!

Tracy Meats June 8, 2009 at 6:02 PM  

Many prayers for Hollie in the weeks to come...she is going to be a great big sister!! It sounds like she will have lots of family and friends looking out for her. 9 days or less, wow!!! You are almost there. Hope the girls wait until your doctor is back in town and you have an easy delivery and back on your feet quickly. Praying for your entire family!! I can't wait to see pics of the girls too, for I know they are going to be beautiful.

Your are in our thoughts and prayers, Tracy

Anonymous June 9, 2009 at 10:51 AM  

We are lifting y'all up in prayer and if there is anything we can do please let us know. Until then we'll be anxiously awaiting the arrival of the girls.

Sallie Mercer June 9, 2009 at 6:17 PM  

Oh Stephanie --- I am so excited for you! This has been a long time coming, and it's going to be soooooo worth the wait! You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers in the days ahead. Wishing you smooth sailing, and some restful days before the big event! I'm eagerly awaiting the news...
Love,
Sallie

  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP