Day 2 at HOME!

>> Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Oh my, last night was one of the hardest nights I've had in a really long time. Shawn and I are EXHAUSTED, and that was just the first night. It took me until midnight to get Brooke down for the night. Once she was down, she slept until 5am. Kamryn, on the other hand, must have thought it was party time in the cradle, b/c she had other things on her agenda besides SLEEP! Shawn and I took turns rocking her and feeding her, but nothing seemed to work. Finally, at about 5:30, we got her down, but that's when Brooke woke up. Needless to say, Shawn and I both feel like we are sleep walking today. While twins are certainly twice the blessing, it truly is twice the work. Even though we are likely to mave many many sleepless nights, we feel so very fortunate to have both of our babies home with us.

Here are a few pics...

This one is at bedtime! This pretty much shows how our night went, as far as the fussiness goes.



And here they are in the morning. The party animals are worn out!



And here we all are. I finally got around to taking a shower at 5:00pm today. So, this is me just out of the shower, and holding Brooke and Kamryn. Not my prettiest, but I can't tell you how good it feels to have them both asleep on my chest! It really made everything seem like it's going to be all okay.



Hollie is having a blast at Aunt Judy and Uncle Bob's in Houston. They are trying to send me pictures of her and her new friend Bridgette. As soon as I get them, I'll post them. This is the longest time Hollie has been away from us, so it's a bit of an adjustment, but it really is working out great. She's been busy making Kamryn a Welcome Home poster. She's also been to the movies, been swimming and has taken a ride or two in Aunt Judy's convertible. Tomorrow, they are going to the Aquarium, then Thursday it's the Children's Museum, and then Friday, THE WATER PARK! She misses us greatly, but Aunt Judy and Uncle Bob are doing such a good job keeping her busy!

Have a good night!

Stephanie

10 comments:

Chanda August 4, 2009 at 8:01 PM  

We had to laugh! Your life sounds right on track for twins. We'll continue to enjoy watching your girls through the blog and praying for continuing healing for Kamryn. Chanda

Tracy Meats August 4, 2009 at 10:10 PM  

I am sure you will get into a routine soon...love the pictures!! I think Ian had his night and days mixed up after coming home from the NICU too...takes time to get them adjusted to home life. Enjoy those precious little girls. You and Shawn will have to take turns taking naps too!! LOL

Hugs, Tracy

Anonymous August 4, 2009 at 10:25 PM  

Wow, I am SO HAPPY for you guys! So glad that you all are home and together :)

ENJOY!

Lotusflower (IVFC)

Anonymous August 4, 2009 at 10:37 PM  

Going to have to tag-team the twins! Or call for reinforcements :-)
Seriously, praying they both get on the semi-same routine/schedule quickly for you both! The girls sure look sweet together even while having a fussy time!
Hang in there! You are doing an amazing awesome job!

Anonymous August 4, 2009 at 11:39 PM  

Oh my word, those pics are so cute!

Love,
Allison

Sallie Mercer August 5, 2009 at 12:44 PM  

Yes it IS your prettiest pic! There is nothing more beautiful than a mommy who has BOTH of her babies together, at last! So, so, so happy to know that Kamryn came home as planned. I can't even imagine the transition to a routine for twins, but know you'll get there, sooner or later. Enjoy every minute! I know I don't have to tell you how fast it goes!

Love,
Sallie

Jaime's World August 5, 2009 at 8:04 PM  

Love the pics! Our first night at home with Jaime was just insane with monitors going off and tubes coming out, I couldn't even imagine doing it with two!
You guys are AWESOME...blessed with 3 beautiful girls!
I love the news stories, Kamryn is such a little celebrity!
Here's hoping for easier days ahead!
Love and prayers,
Sheryl

Ailsha and Bean August 5, 2009 at 9:39 PM  

Wonderful news! All the pictures are so cute! You will get into a pattern in no time. The news clip is pretty cool. Congratulations to you guys!!!!

Moments Of Forever Photography By Mamie August 6, 2009 at 9:18 AM  

Well for starters, I can't imagine a more beautiful picture of you - you finally holding your two beautiful daughters in your home, what could be better! So, so happy that your little ones are finally home together safe and sound. You'll get a routine down soon and all will be well. Miss you! Mamie

Kayla August 6, 2009 at 10:06 PM  

Hey Steph, I emailed you, but it bounced back... let me know if you need anything... I'll try to call you tomorrow! We are so thrilled that K is home... I'm ready and willing to help out where you need me! Kayla

  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP