HAPPY EASTER!

>> Sunday, April 12, 2009

Well, this weekend was a nice one. Shawn, Hollie and I drove to Waco Saturday morning to spend Easter weekend with my sister, her husband Terry, her daughter Madelyn, my mom and step dad. As soon as we got there, they made me sit in Terry's recliner, and I pretty much stayed there the whole visit. It was WONDERFUL! Their dog Nigel kept me company though. He's a great little lap dog, and I think our pets Trigger and Sadie would be VERY jealous. LOL!



For dinner, my sister made my step dad's famous spaghetti. She really out did herself. This is a meal that takes pretty much all day long to cook, and she did a fabulous job. Jennifer, the meal was terrific, thank you!!

After dinner, the girls decorated Easter eggs, and then watched a movie.





This morning, the girls had Easter baskets waiting for them. Yeah, more chocolate. That's exactly what they need!!! LOL! They also hunted Easter Eggs indoors this year, since it stormed last night. After the egg hunt, my mom made her infamous Creamed Eggs for breakfast, and then we went ahead and hit the road. We wanted to be sure to beat all the Easter traffic. I'm glad we did. It only took us 2 hours to get home, and that's with me stopping to use the restroom twice too. Not bad. After we got home, we ran a few errands, and then came back home. I finally got around to touching up the rest of the polka dots in the girls room, so Shawn put up one of the cribs. I also hung up some of their clothes as well. I can't wait to get that room all organized and everything in its place. We aren't doing any more traveling, so I think next weekend will be a great time to start that. I'm so excited.

We have two doctor's appointments this week. One is with Dr. Zaretsky, our MFM, and the other is with our OB, Dr. Trylovich. I'm going to go ahead and tell them that I'm about done with work. Walking is getting pretty painful on my pelvis all the time now, and I really feel like I should be resting a little more. Thankfully, I'll be able to work a little from home. That's a very good thing!

That's about it for us. I better get Hollie's dinner finished. Tonight.... PIZZA! Yeah!

Please also continue to keep Kaden in your prayers. They are weaning him off ECMO today, and we just pray that he is able to continue to fight this battle!!!

With love,
Stephanie

6 comments:

Marion April 12, 2009 at 8:23 PM  

I am glad to hear that you had a good weekend. You look adorable. Happy Easter. Be sure and take care of yourself.

Maxton's Mommy April 12, 2009 at 8:33 PM  

Happy Easter! You look so comfy in that chair.. makes me wanna go get one and I'm not even pregnant anymore, hehe. Coming off of work sounds like a plan to me... my OB was going to take me off at 35 weeks but I didn't let her until 38 weeks.. should've just let them. :-) Anyways hope you have some good appts. this week!

Tracy Meats April 12, 2009 at 10:09 PM  

Happy Easter and I hope you have good appointments this week. Looking forward to hearing how your precious girls are doing! That is a great thing that you will be able to work from home some and start to get more relaxation in. Loved today's pictures...Hollie is beautiful like her mom.

Take care, Tracy - Ian's mom

Sky + Carla April 13, 2009 at 2:34 AM  

Stephanie you look GREAT!!! I see your pregnant glow :) I'm glad you guys had a good weekend. I'm always thinking of you. Shawn and you were both very supportive. I hope you have good appointments this week.

Hugs,

~ Carla

Jaime's World April 13, 2009 at 9:04 PM  

Hi Stephanie,
I love the Easter pics! I am so happy to hear that you had a nice, restful weekend...that's the way it should be! :-)
Thanks for the special thoughts for Jared. I think after a week of being in Cinci, he's learning that we're not going home anytime soon! He has his not-so-nice moments, but all and all, he's doing very well!
Hang in there, you look beautiful (Holly takes after he Mommy)!
Hugs and prayers for uneventful appointments!
Sheryl

Liz and Shane April 16, 2009 at 11:06 PM  

You look great! Glad you will be able to work from home. Get pleanty of rest. Cute pictures!

  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP