Shower Time

>> Wednesday, April 8, 2009

So, last Saturday was my first shower. OMG, it was AMAZING!!! The hostesses were Angel, Jennifer (my sister), Paige, Jackie, Alicia and Jana. They all did such a terrific job, I'm still getting over how awesome it was. Angel's mantel was decorated with a clothes line hanging with girlie onesies! 2 of each one, so cute! She also made this amazing diaper cake, and stuffed little baby gifts in the ribbon that held everything together. Jana made the beautiful cake, which was so pretty and TASTED SO GOOD! I could go on and on and on about how wonderful it was. My sister gave the babies each a quilt that she hand made. It's actually kind of funny, but she picked out the colors of the quilt, before I chose the colors for their room, and they just happen to match. They are so beautiful. I can't wait to show them. My mom also made Hollie a quilt (uh mom, where's mine???). Kidding. It's really pretty too, and Hollie loved it. We're posting pictures of these things and much more below. Oh, and, so much for wearing black to make myself look slim. Oh man, I am HUGE!!!

The babies got so many cute things, and I can't wait to dress them in all the clothes that were given to them. Hollie had a good time as well. I tried to make it a special day for her. Two nights before, I went and got her a silver and pearl beaded bracelet with a silver heart charm on it. On one side, it said "Big Sis Hollie" and the other side, it said Brooke/Kamryn 2009. She was so genuine when she opened it. I could tell that it really meant a lot to her. Which, meant the world to me!!!

I'm not sleeping well at night, so I took today off to rest. Did I sleep? Of course not. I can't seem to find a comfortable spot. Then, I started feeling guilty for just sitting there watching tv, so I got up to fold some laundry. I mean, it's not like I'm sick or anything. Just really tired. I realize the importance of sleep/rest and making sure that the babies stay safe inside my belly for a little while longer. But, I just feel bad for some reason. Don't worry, when I'm officially on bed rest, I'll stay put, taking occasional breaks to get up and walk around.

I'm an emotional mess too. I cried during a Disney movie (The Parent Trap) that Hollie and I were watching the other day. I've seen it so many times, and I still cried. I realize it's hormones, but I'm just sooooo emotional. Why can't our hormones make us giggle, instead of cry???

That's about it for now. While I'm at Bible Study, Shawn's going to work on putting the shower pictures below. I wish I could post all of them, but there are a ton. (Paige, I can't thank you enough for taking so many pictures. They're awesome!!!)





Still praying for baby Kaden.

Love, Stephanie

6 comments:

Maxton's Mommy April 9, 2009 at 8:07 AM  

what a beautiful shower! You guys look like you had so much fun and got so many cute things!!!

Tracy Meats April 9, 2009 at 10:03 AM  

What an awesome baby shower!! Your friends and sister did a great job...I absolutely love that diaper cake!! So happy for you that you and Hollie enjoyed your special day and had fun celebrating Kamryn and Brooke. The bracelet was a precious gift for Hollie. Stephanie, you look beautiful pregnant, just glowing! You have to love those hormones, but it definitely okay to be emotional during this journey. Praying for Brooke and Kamryn.

Hugs, Tracy - Ian's mom

Elizabeth April 9, 2009 at 7:17 PM  

You have two so your entitled to the emotions - but somehow after this experience - I cry more - nothing wrong with that.

I love the quilts - and the cake was beautiful!

Jaime's World April 9, 2009 at 10:13 PM  

Hi Stephanie,

Thanks for sharing your shower pics with us, everything looked beautiful!
Glad to hear you had a nice weekend. Make sure to get your rest, you look great, by the way!
Enjoy being able to be up and around while you can without over doing it...bed rest stinks, but I must admit, I do feel better when I am laying down.
Take care and hang in there!
Hugs,
Sheryl

Your Gospel-Loving Friend April 11, 2009 at 3:51 PM  

I just found your blog from Olivia's & will be praying for you & your twins. Our son had RCDH & is now 2 1/2 years old & you'd never know he had such a rough start. We'll be praying!

Sarah

Anonymous April 11, 2009 at 6:09 PM  

What a fun baby shower!!! I love the cake and the garland of onesies!! So glad you had a good time and you look absolutely gorgeous!!!!

  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP