>> Wednesday, May 27, 2009
We had a great appointment with Dr. Trylovich today and it was nice to celebrate the 34 week milestone. This was a somewhat critical cutoff for us to get to in order to give Kamryn a fighting chance once she is born. We needed to get to 34 weeks and hope to make it to 37 weeks. Both of the twins have amnio pockets of 8 to 9 cm which is getting close to 10 cm which we don't want. We aren't terribly concerned about polyhydramnios, but the possibility is creeping up on us. Stef is contracting a lot more lately which freaked us out a bit, but according to Dr. Trylovich, she expects Stef to have many contractions at this point so it is completely normal.
Based on Stef's history with Hollie going past 40 weeks and the current condition of her cervix, we aren't concerned about anything happening before 37 weeks so we are going to modify our plan. Instead of being admitted on June 3rd, we are going to try and push this out to around June 8th with a target delivery date around June 16th or 17th. If Kamryn's lungs look good with an amniocentesis that week, we will go forward with the delivery.
So that's about it for today. Now we just have to wait and get mentally prepared for this as much as possible. If you haven't been following their blog, Baby Avery is having a rough time right now as they try to take her off her ECMO machine. She sure could use your thoughts and prayers right now.
We also want to thank all of you for the support and taking time to comment on the blog. We love reading your responses and it means so much to us that you take the time to drop us a quick note!