Getting close!

>> Monday, June 1, 2009

We are 2 days shy of 35 weeks. We are so close! I can’t believe it. Last Wednesday at Dr. Trylovich’s office, my belly was measuring 42 weeks. So, I’m sure it’s closer to 43 now. It’s so big, that yesterday, two strangers asked me if I was expecting twins, instead of asking how much longer I had (assuming I was pregnant with one). So, I obviously look bigger than usual.

I have come to dread the evenings, because I know I won’t be going to sleep at the same time as Shawn (I really miss that), and I also know that when I fall asleep, I won’t stay asleep, due to using the restroom frequently, and just flat out being uncomfortable. Last night, I was in the recliner and I got up to use the restroom, and my pelvis hurt so bad, that I literally shrieked from the pain. It was loud enough to wake up Shawn, and he had to help me to the bathroom, b/c it was so hard to walk. You don’t realize how your body parts are all connected to each other, until you’re pregnant… LOL

I’m also having contractions on a regular basis, but even though they are still uncomfortable, they aren’t painful enough to knock the breath out of me. So, I get to sit and wait until they get closer together, and are more painful, or next Monday when I go into the hospital. Which ever happens first.

Oh, and in case anyone is wondering, Hollie’s daily foot massages have come to a complete stop. I even asked her to rub them the other day and she refused. Darn it, I really thought that was going to play out the way she promised too… LOL!

Okay, enough of my complaining. It’s the last week of school. I’m so incredibly excited for Hollie. She can’t wait til Thursday (last day of school). We promised her that we would take her out to dinner and a movie to celebrate her going into the 2nd grade. She’s having a hard time deciding between Subway and Chick Fil A for dinner. Shawn and I are pleased with her choices… LOL! The week I go into the hospital, she starts one of her Summer Brownie camps. I’m truly disappointed that I won’t be able to hear about her camp right when she gets home from the first day, but I know I’ll see her the next day for her to tell me all about it. My cousin Courtney drove in from Fort Worth on Friday to help me finish getting all of her camp gear together. By the end of the visit, I was dragging. Thank you Courtney, so much, for driving all that way and helping me out. I had such a wonderful time, and can’t wait for more visits. You are an amazing woman, and I’m praying for you as well!!!

Okay, one last thing to tell, and then I’ll close… Last Wednesday, we went to see Dr. Trylovich. We knew the visit was going to be pretty routine. We had the sono, and as you already know, the babies are measuring beautifully, etc. So, we were led back into the exam room, and the nurse told me to undress from the waist down, as Dr. T would be checking my cervix for dilation. Well, before I go any further, you all have to know that Shawn’s sense of humor is what gets me and many others through difficult, painful times. I’m pretty cranky all the time now, b/c of the discomfort. So, his gift of timing was and always is priceless. He’s just so much fun to be around… Okay, so on to the rest of my story… For some strange reason, I was sitting in a chair with a sheet wrapped around my waist, and Shawn was sitting on the exam table. Well, I saw the light bulb go off above his head as soon as he had the idea… He hopped off the table, and was looking through all the drawers for another sheet, found one, and got back on the table. He put the sheet over his lap to make it look like he was ready for the exam when Dr. T. walked in. I told him it didn’t look real enough, so he rolled up his pant legs to his knees. So all you could see were his hairy legs, socks and shoes under the sheet, to make it look like he had undressed from the waist down. It was priceless. So, as soon as Dr. T walked in, she started laughing hysterically. The first thing out of her mouth was, “please tell me you have pants on under that sheet”. And the first thing Shawn said was, “Can we just hurry up and get this over with?” It was so funny. We laughed and laughed. The funny thing about it is, we always said we wanted to do that with all of the fertility appointments we had. You know, you just have to have find the humor in the difficult things we are given each day. And if you can't find it, create it yourself.

I’m going to go ahead and pack my bag for the hospital today, just in case something happens this week before I’m admitted next Monday. I doubt it will, but you just never know. There are a few other odds and ends that need to be taken care of before I go in, so I better get busy.

We are also continually praying for Baby Jaime, Avery and Carter. Baby James Reeve is almost here, and we ask for your prayers for him too, as well as Baby Jackson Beal.

Love,
Stephanie

6 comments:

Liz and Shane June 1, 2009 at 1:14 PM  

I can only imagine what you must look like with twins. I kept getting asked if I was having twins because I was huge. I felt like a beached whale sometimes. I had no energy. It took so much effort just to get up and go the restroom. I hope Hollie changes her mind and starts giving you your foot massages again. I loved getting those from my hubby. I also would fall asleep while he was reading a book to Nayeli. I am thinking of you and praying for you. Congrats to Hollie for going into 2nd grade.

Candice and Rob Beal June 1, 2009 at 1:16 PM  

yay! no more school for Hollie! i was always excited for summer. Anyways that little joke shawn pulled was sooooooo funny to read about. I'm praying for you stef and i can't imagine how you feel right now because i feel aweful with just one inside of me! And Shawn rob is at work today so i'll have him email you. I hope we all get to meet soon!!!!! we will be in ft worth on Thursday if your up to doing lunch or just anything let us know
Lots of love for your little family.....candice

Tracy Meats June 1, 2009 at 2:49 PM  

Tell Hollie, "Congratulations!!!" on going into second grade! Hope she has fun at her camps and has plenty of stories to share with you. Your story of you and Shawn at the doctor's is too funny. I am sure the doctor enjoyed your sense of humor too. 35 weeks!!! I am happy those girls are content and growing. Praying for you Stephanie...you are doing an amazing job taking care of your precious girls. Thinking of you and wishing you an easy delivery when the girls decide it is time to make a day their birthday. Praying for Brooke and Kamryn and your entire family. Tell Kamryn to keep fighting and we believe she will win this battle!!

Much love, Tracy

Maxton's Mommy June 1, 2009 at 9:10 PM  

oh that Shawn :-) I can only imagine. I am praying for you guys. I know little Kamryn is going to be a star! I can't wait to get the bracelet. Check out the keychains you can make with them on my blog. Second grade was awesome for me... I still remember it! :-) I hope Hollie is doing well. I cannot imagine what it would be like to have a younger child and go through this CDH journey... it was hard enough as an adult!! I love you guys!
Ash

Jaime's World June 1, 2009 at 11:56 PM  

Stephanie,
Where does the time go? I can not believe that your littles ones are almost here! I can't believe mine is going on 7wks! You were right, it does seem so long ago that we were emailing each other about this yucky diagnosis.
I'm so glad you made it this far with the girls! You are doing awesome! We can't wait to welcome them into the world! Hang in there, not too much longer!!!! :-)

P.S. Love the story about Shawn. All Tom ever did was tell my OB "that was easy" when my pregnancy was confirmed...LOL

Elizabeth June 2, 2009 at 12:58 AM  

My first was my largest baby - if that makes any sense - but folks thought twins.

THAT sense of humor will get you both through - seriously - sometimes you have to just laugh at the roller coaster rides these children will put us on! Glad you both have that!

Keeping you all in my thoughts, prayers and Lung Function Chants,
Elizabeth

  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP