Sneak Preview of Nursery

>> Monday, May 4, 2009


So, last Thursday, I had to take Hollie to gymnastics. It worked out great, b/c I took her and then just came right back home and finished up some work, relaxed a little bit longer, and then went back to pick her back up. Well, after I left to pick her up, the UPS truck came and delivered the bedding that we ordered. But, I had no idea, b/c Shawn came home during that time as well and gave me the biggest surprise. Here's what happened. As soon as I brought Hollie home, I was getting her some dinner, and heard the washing machine going. I thought, well, I thought I finished laundry for the week, but I guess there were some work out clothes that Shawn was needing and he was doing a load. So, I didn't think a thing of it. Hollie went to bed and Shawn and I were watching tv. He said he needed to go upstairs to work on the thermostat. I just figured he wanted to make sure Hollie was cool up there, and getting enough air. Didn't think a thing of it. The next morning, his alarm clock went off a little bit earlier than normal, but again, I just thought he was wanting to get an early start to his workout routine. So, I just went back to sleep. I took Hollie to school Friday morning, and when I got back home, Shawn called me and asked me to go upstairs into the babies room, b/c he thought he left something up there on the changing table that he needed for work. Now, I defintely thought something was up. As soon as I got up the stairs, I saw the bedding on both cribs. He had taken them out of the boxes/packaging, washed them all in Dreft, and made both cribs. Including tying all the little tiny bows on both bumpers. It was the best surprise I could have asked for. So, then, over the weekend, he added a shelf above the changing table for the wipes and a lamp. As well as a shelf/table to go between the cribs for storage, and an extra shelf in the closet. The room is almost done, we just need to put up the window valance, and Kamryn's "K" that is going to go above her crib. It had to be ordered, and won't be in until 2 more weeks. But, Brooke's is up and you can see it in this picture. But, we are both so happy with the room, and it's really turning out so adorable. I'm so excited about it. Shawn, thank you so much for all your hard work on this room. You've made it so much more than I wanted, and I can't thank you enough. I love you!

That's all for now. Just wanted to post about the room and show the picture. We'll post pictures of the whole room when it's complete.

Love,
Stephanie

9 comments:

Marion May 4, 2009 at 1:14 PM  

The nursery is adorable!

Tracy Meats May 4, 2009 at 1:16 PM  

BEAUTIFUL!! I love the girls' nursery and color theme...just perfect. You both have done a great job and I can't wait until you have both girls home to fill that room with laughter and happiness. Shawn, what a surprise for Stephanie to find the girls' cribs made up...how sweet of you!! Hope your doctor visit goes well this week Stephanie and we are praying for Brooke and Kamryn.

Hugs, Tracy - Ian's mom

Rachel Dominguez May 4, 2009 at 2:02 PM  

What a wonderful husband and father! The room is just to die for! I love it! Absolutely beautiful. The girls will be so happy in there.

Michael and Elizabeth Reeve May 4, 2009 at 2:44 PM  

Wow!! It's really lovely, what lucky little girls! You truly have an amazing husband!

Hope you're getting on ok sweetie & glad you're finding lots of smiles.

God bless & take care, we're thinking of you!

Xxx

Maxton's Mommy May 4, 2009 at 3:09 PM  

what a super cute nursery!!! :-) YAY!!!! I love it. This made me smile alot, so I can only know how much it made you smile. Btw, shawn, can you give David some lessons on how to give gifts to your wife. :-)
ashley

Jaime's World May 4, 2009 at 11:19 PM  

OMG, Can the girls' room be any cuter? I LOVE it! You guys did an awesome job! What a wonderful Daddy to take the time to set up the crib bedding, not many dads would do that!
Shawn, you deserve the Daddy of the Month Award! :-)
Can't wait to see the girls enjoying their new room!
Get some rest, Stephanie...your big day is just around the corner!
Love and prayers,
Sheryl

Your Gospel-Loving Friend May 5, 2009 at 11:37 AM  

That was so thoughtful!! What a great gift! I love the nursery- it is adorable!

FaithCDH May 7, 2009 at 6:45 PM  

How cute! I should have you come and design our nursery!! Prayers for you and Kamryn!

Elizabeth May 7, 2009 at 7:31 PM  

Beautiful - just like both those girls and their big sister!

  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP