Surprise Baby Shower

>> Saturday, May 9, 2009

I really do have some of the most amazing friends in my life. I'm truly thankful! Last Wednesday, I went to my Bible Study group. I'm supposed to be on bedrest, but I didn't go the week before, b/c I wasn't feeling well, and I tire so easily now when I get out. But, I missed it so much, that I wanted to go. We were also having a potluck dinner (fajitas), so maybe that had something to do with it... LOL Anyway, I was the second one there, and my friend Tammy was the first. I sat down at the table, as usual, and decided to open up the chips and hot sauce that I brought. Needless to say, I was starving. I was expecting her to sit with me and have a few before the others got there, but she kept standing, and watching the door. I thought that was odd, but my pregnancy brain didn't think beyond that. So, then the others started to pile in, and set their food up on the table. But, no one was sitting. But, I just thought they were waiting for everyone to get there, so we could eat. Anyway, after everyone was there, all the food was ready to go, and they let me go first. Smart women!!!! LOL!!! I noticed that there was a cake, but it was still in the container, and there was a piece of foil over the top so I couldn't see it. I just left it alone and didn't think anything of it. The food was awesome, and I wanted more, but didn't want to seem like a pig. So, I refrained... All of a sudden, some of them disappear, but again, my pregnancy brain just led me to believe that they had to use the restroom or wash their hands or something, so again, didn't think anything of it. When all of a sudden, they walked back in with this HUGE pink basket and sat it in front of me. It was filled with baby goodies. And I mean, filled to the TOP!!! I was so surprised. Even the card they gave me was beautiful. And then they put the cake in front of me too, which said, "Congratulations Stephanie". It was beautiful!!! I'm just so incredibly thankful to have such amazing friends, who love me and care for me so much. Every single one of these women have touched my heart in one way or another. I'm so lucky to know all of them, and I truly hope these friendships last a lifetime. Something tells me they will.

Below is a picture of the group. Thank you to Carrie, Tammy, Elizabeth, Kari Lynn, Melanie and Dorinda. Y'all are awesome!!!!

2 comments:

Tracy Meats May 9, 2009 at 9:46 PM  

Look at all those "goodies" for the girls!! What wonderful and caring friends you have!!

Tracy

Anonymous May 10, 2009 at 12:04 AM  

Sorry, I have been MIA.... Beautiful pics, love the nursery! Hang in there,

Lotusflower (IVFC)

  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP