In the NICU

>> Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Hey everyone,

Wanted to update where we are at:

Brooke is in the NICU right now because of some fluid on the lungs which caused her breathing to be a bit labored. We have now found out that she has pneumonia which is not entirely uncommon with a c-section. They have her on antibiotics and will stay in the NICU for a couple days. Weren't expecting this, but it's not anything to get excited about.

Kamryn weighed 6 pounds 6.8 ounces. She is in the NICU and on ventilation right now. We are on the gentle ventilators right now which is what we want and we have some room to play if she needs more oxygen. For CDH families: Pre-ductal sat in the 80's and going into the 90's from time to time. PH at 7.09. Will get ventilator setting a little later.

They are having trouble with getting one of the lines in right now and are doing x-rays to see if there is a pnuemothorax (hole in the lung). Bottom line on Kamryn is that things could be a lot worse, but they could be better. We will have to see how she trends over the next few hours. More updates to come a bit later and I will try to send pictures soon.

Stef is doing good right now and is in recovery. She asleep and will be in there for a couple more hours before going to her room. It's kind of crazy up here so hopefully tonight I can paint a more clear picture of where we are at.

Shawn

12 comments:

Marion June 17, 2009 at 11:37 AM  

Brooke just wants to be close to her sister. I am keeping you giuys in my prayers!

Jen June 17, 2009 at 11:46 AM  

I agree - Brooke is just trying to be creative to keep Kamryn company! Thanks for the update!

DevonLeah June 17, 2009 at 12:22 PM  

Our family is praying for you all today!! ((hugs))

Maxton's Mommy June 17, 2009 at 1:06 PM  

Go babies Go!!!! I pray that Brooke heals. (she had to make sure Kamryn didn't get all the extra attention :-) ) and that little Kamryn FIGHTS!!! Many prayers for you guys during all of this. I am here if ever you need me.

Bethany June 17, 2009 at 1:34 PM  

I am praying for your sweet little girls!!

Candice and Rob Beal June 17, 2009 at 1:47 PM  

awwwwwwwwwwwwwwww! their here! o i am praying for yall so hard and will be all day.....what good size twins yall had. You know i am a twin and we were pretty big 2. I was the twin that wasn't suppose to make it! Look what God did....and he can do it for yall....

lots of love candice

Anonymous June 17, 2009 at 2:00 PM  

Following your blog via baby James Reeve's in the UK. Hope both the girls do really well, and Kamryn puts up a fight like James.
Sue (UK)

Craftysis7 June 17, 2009 at 2:08 PM  

I have been keeping up with you through other CDH blogs. Have been lifting your family up in prayer and will continue to pray for you all!! May you feel God's love at this time and may he give you peace, rest and hold you all in his mighty hands, especially your sweet little babies!! God is good!! Look forward to seeing pictures of your sweet little girls!!

Sissy
Nashville, TN

Laurie June 17, 2009 at 2:49 PM  

Praying for Kamryn and Brooke and your entire family.

Felizia Svendsen June 17, 2009 at 3:03 PM  

Praying for all of you! I can't wait to see your pretty babies!

Anonymous June 17, 2009 at 5:28 PM  

We are praying for the girls! I agree with all of the above that Brooke wasn't going to let Kamryn get all the attention.

The girls are in our thoughts and prayers! We are here if you need anything.

Jackifer June 17, 2009 at 6:35 PM  

I love you, my friends!!! I'm so thrilled to hear they are both here! I've been praying for you all day, along with my church. I think they were as excited to hear of the girls' arrival as I was. Can't wait to hear more!
LOVE YOU ALL!

  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP