A little bump in the road...

>> Sunday, June 21, 2009

Sure enough, I leave to finally come back to the house and I am not home for 10 minutes and get a call from the NICU. Kamryn's crit numbers are low and they want to give her another transfusion. Apparently everything else is totally fine and her numbers look good except for this one thing. She is currently getting the blood and will for the next 4 hours. I don't think this is any big deal at this point, but we will see how she does through the night.

Stef was able to nurse Brooke a couple times today and we changed a number of diapers. She is jaundice right now, but we think she will be good enough to come on home tomorrow along with Stef. That will be a big day for sure.

The plan for tomorrow is to bring two of my girls home and maybe start pushing Kamryn a little to see how she does. She is still swollen from the surgery, but she is peeing really well. That should get her swelling down in a few days. I will let you all know tomorrow how she does after getting the blood tonight.

I am finally able to post pictures and I decided to put them into a slideshow because there are so many of them. I tried my best to put them in order of how things progressed so far.



Our families have been unbelievable the past couple of weeks. Stef's family went back home and we really can't thank them enough for all they have done to help us and take care of Hollie. My mom has been such a help with Hollie for the past couple of weeks. There is no way we could have done this without you all! You all are simply amazing and we appreciate and love you all so much!

Angel, thanks so much for taking care of the pets for the past couple of weeks! It has kept my stress level down more than you know! Also, I came home today and my lawn was mowed and totally taken care of to my complete surprise. I am not sure who did that, but please let me know. I can't thank you enough for helping with that. What a gift!

Shawn

10 comments:

Maxton's Mommy June 21, 2009 at 9:52 PM  

:-)I bet you can't wait to get some of those girls home tomorrow. Shawn, Stef, and Hollie- they are just soooo beautiful! I hope Kamryn feels better after her transfusion. They always told me that Max loved the product. :-) His numbers would improve so much afterwards. Praying for a great night and day tomorrow!!

Tracy Meats June 21, 2009 at 10:09 PM  

Precious pictures. So happy for you that Stephanie and Brooke are ready to go home and doing lots better. Ian needed many blood and platelet transfusions the first few weeks too. Hopefully, Kamryn feels better after the transfusion and won't need many more. She is getting stronger with each passing day. Fight Kamryn fight and show those doctors what you can do sweetie!! Many continued prayers for your family and a good stable night for Kamryn. Happy Father's Day...you have been blessed with 3 beautiful daughters.

Tracy

Anonymous June 21, 2009 at 11:32 PM  

The pictures brought tears to my eyes! We are praying for both girls and for you, Shawn and Steph and Hollie.

I know how difficult this is for the entire family and we lift each of you up in prayer tonight and every night.

We love y'all!

Liz and Shane June 22, 2009 at 12:23 AM  

You pictures are beautiful. I am thinking of you and praying everyday. I was out of town and checking in on you and your little Princess Warrior. Kamryn you are strong and you can beat this.

Anonymous June 22, 2009 at 7:02 AM  

Shawn

Pics are awesome. I am so glad Brooke and Stef are coming home and seems like Kamryn has a lot more fight and might than everyone expected.
Thanks for keeping us all upto date. May the blessings keep coming for your family and our prayers are still there.

Love to all
Jake

Christina Jones -dpsg June 22, 2009 at 9:08 AM  

I have been away from the computer for a few days but was so anxious to come back and check on everyones status this morning. I read through your updates with tears of joy in my eyes !! I am so glad to hear that all the girls are doing so well. I will continue to pray for all of you. These girls are fighters !!

The Jahn Family June 22, 2009 at 9:26 AM  

Good morning. We are so excited that Stephanie and Brooke are likely coming home today. We will continue to pray for you all. We are amazed by your strength and know that it is a gift from God. Shawn, Peter didn't want you to come home to yard work. Your time and energy needs to be with your girls. Stephanie, you look beautiful as always.

Much love and many blessings to you all.

Cinnamon, Peter, Rylee and Burke Jahn

Melissa Kelly June 22, 2009 at 9:34 AM  

Look at those perfect little faces!! They are BEAUTIFUL, congratulations you two!

The Griffin Family June 22, 2009 at 9:51 AM  

Dude, your girls are beautiful! Happy (belated) Fathers Day to you! We are still praying...God is SOOOO good!

Your Gospel-Loving Friend June 22, 2009 at 1:04 PM  

That is wonderful that Brooke is coming home! And it seems like Kamryn is one tough cookie! Noah had some transfusions, hopefully that will get her numbers right back up there & stay there! I am just so impressed at how well kamryn is doing :)What a little blessing!

Sarah
Mommy to Noah RCDH

  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP