Great two days!

>> Sunday, July 5, 2009

Yesterday, I was the first one to go see Kamryn in the morning. It was nice to get there right after rounds and just visit with her. She was really sleepy though, and she opened her eyes right before I left.

The highlight of the yesterday's visit was being visited by our friends in our BFG Group at church. Allison and her husband drove all the way to the hospital, just to spend some time with us and Kamryn. They weren't expecting to get to see, so I hope it wasn't too big of a shock to them. But, it was so generous of them to drive all the way downtown to see her and us. It was also important to us that someone from the group come to visit, so that they can present a visual to the rest of the group, as to what they are praying for. Allison also gave us a cross to have the babies footprints painted on it. I'm sooo not the crafty type, but I'm up for the challenge. Thank you so much Allison!!!

Shawn and I were able to visit Kamryn together again today. I can't even begin to tell you all how much it means to me that we visit her together. My mom and my sister are in town this week, and are helping out with Brooke, so it just means a lot to me that we are able to spend quality time with Kamryn together. And by the time we got home, there was warm pizza waiting for us, brought in by Narci from our BFG Group. Thank you so much for dropping that off. The burp clothes and little sockies are ADORABLE! That is so sweet. I put a pair of the little sockies in my purse to take up to Kamryn tomorrow. I'll be sure to take pictures and post them on the blog tomorrow night. Thank you so much!!!

Tomorrow, I'm driving my mom and Hollie to the Aquarium in Downtown Dallas. Since it's so close to the hospital, I'm just going to drop them off, go see Kamryn and then go back and pick them up. It should work out perfectly.

Kamryn has had a couple of good days. She looks so peaceful, and is resting comfortably. Her CO2 has remained in the 60's after some weaning on her vent pressure and rate. She is also doing well with her increase in feeding. We had a great surprise today to see the bandage removed from her surgery. The scar isn't nearly as bad as I thought, although a little longer. We will try and get a picture tomorrow to post. We have made some baby steps forward after standing still for so many days. I am not sure I would call it a trend yet, but more positive than the last week or so. We feel better tonight after talking with Stephanie today, one of the respiratory therapists up at the hospital. She has been so nice and explained some of the vent settings that we now finally understand. Thanks Stephanie!

Please pray that we can continue to take small steps forward over the next few days!

Stephanie & Shawn

3 comments:

Allison July 6, 2009 at 10:18 PM  

I'm so excited about the baby steps! :D :D :D :D Praying for more tomorrow! Don't worry about the cross! Just get a footprint on there and I'll do the rest. (I'm not crafty either. My "creations" ALWAYS look terrible, but they ALWAYS turn out beautifully once they've been fired in the kiln....hmmmm....just realizing how Jesus does the same thing with me....takes my ugliness and turns it into something beautiful....)

Speaking of taking Hollie to places near the hospital, yesterday as we passed the Galleria I wondered if she was a fan of the American Girl store. I wish I had a girl just so I could have an excuse to go there and have fun!

Tracy Meats July 6, 2009 at 10:35 PM  

Many prayers for lots more baby steps in the right direction and strength for your princess!! Love to see you having better days and wish you only GOOD days in the future. I have to say again, your family and friends are amazing...what a relieve to have the help and support. Hugs to you all and especially Kamryn...tell her to keep fighting and we send our love from Wyoming!!

Much love, Tracy

Anonymous July 7, 2009 at 3:33 PM  

We are sending you tons of prayers for Miss Kamryn! If we can do anything please let us know!

  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP