Possible discharge date :)

>> Thursday, July 30, 2009

I hope I am not getting ahead of myself, but I think we possibly have a discharge date. Kamryn has done such an amazing job coming off the meds and should continue to do so given the low dose she is now on.

Today she had .07 per kg of methadone at 5:00pm. Tomorrow, they will give her the same dose and then on Saturday, give her one dose of .035 per kg. If she does well on those, Saturday will be her last dose. Methadone has a half life of roughly 12 hours, so it is likely they will keep her there Sunday to see how she does with nothing in her system and then Monday may be the big day. How incredible would that be to bring her home on Stef's birthday August 3rd!!

I have to admit that it is a little weird thinking about bringing her home. The NICU at parkland has become our routine each day for so long now. I know we will be so busy that we won't think about it much, but it just feels weird since it has become such a routine.

We should be able to confirm tomorrow about whether Monday is truly the day to go home and will let you all know. Two of her four primary nurses are working on Monday (Traci and Tamara) which would work out perfectly. Monica and Gretchen, if you are reading this we need to figure out a way to get you all up there also!!! :)

Please continue to pray for Baby Jackson. He is still on ECMO and I will update their blog with any new information. Jackson and his family could definitely use your prayers.

Take care,
Shawn

6 comments:

Anonymous July 30, 2009 at 11:35 PM  

Wonderful news about Kamryn!!! I can't even imagine how excited your are!!! God is SO good!!! Continuing to pray for Jackson!!!

Monica July 31, 2009 at 12:20 AM  

Shawn and Stephanie,
I heard about Jackson's quick visit at Parkland, and I am praying for him and his family. I wish them the best of luck.
Everyday, Kamryn amazes me. This little girl's will to get out of here is beyond words. I have been blessed to be a part of your lives, and I hopefully will be able to continue the journey with you. I would love to be updated on all of her successes. It has been a joy to get to know you and your families. Kamryn is a lucky girl to have such loving parents as yourselves.
By the way, I warned Tamara that someone better call me with a discharge time, so that maybe I can get up here to see her off. I will really miss her but am so happy to see her going home. I know she will be such a joy to you all. Take care, and please keep me posted on her.
Love,
Monica (her night primary nurse)

Jaime's World July 31, 2009 at 12:32 AM  

WOOHOO!!!! Fingers crossed that all works out for a discharge date on Mommy's birthday!!!!
:-)
Hugs to all!

Chanda July 31, 2009 at 7:36 AM  

Hoping she comes home for Stef's b-day!!! That is the best news!!!

Laurie July 31, 2009 at 9:59 AM  

Fantastic news! I'm so happy for all of you!

Tracy Meats July 31, 2009 at 10:14 AM  

What a wonderful birthday present for Stephanie to bring her little girl home!! Prayers the weekend is good and Kamryn has an awesome weekend with no problems. Look forward to seeing pics of you walking out of the NICU. I am sure Brooke and Hollie will be over the moon to have their sister home. So happy that Kamryn is doing so well!!

Praying for Jackson and hope ECMO helps his heart and lungs rest and get stronger.

Hugs, Tracy

  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP