Adjusting :)

>> Thursday, August 13, 2009

First, I have been working on a slideshow and I think I have the first draft completed. I'm one of those who is never satisfied with the final product so I am sure this will go through many revisions over the next couple of months, but I thought I would go ahead and post it.



Adjusting to life with twins at home has been an adventure, but we are starting to get into a routine. I know it is a little odd to say, but it took us a while to get out of the NICU routine and we miss parts of it. We miss the staff that we saw and talked with each day and oddly enough became used to the routine. We don't miss the alarms, tubes, wires, and anxiety that came with the routine, but the staff became like family to us and we miss them.

Transitioning from the NICU to home has taken a little while longer than I had anticipated. Kamryn has struggled with getting her nights and days sorted out. Actually, it doesn't seem to bother her, but it makes life interesting for us operating on very little sleep. Last night was actually the first night that she seemed to have worked it out and only woke up once. Brooke has it nailed and is getting much easier to keep happy.

We are still amazed at Kamryn's progress. She is eating great and hasn't spit up a single time. Brooke actually seems to have an occasional problem with spitting up, but not Kamryn. We reflect daily on just how lucky we are to not have any issues from CDH other than a scar on her belly (which is healing very nicely and is starting to blend in with her normal skin color). We are a bit anxious about our follow up appointments in early September with the cardiologist and surgeon. We hope that she checks out ok.

Things are really going great and here are some pictures of life at our house lately.






Take care,
Shawn

14 comments:

Anonymous August 14, 2009 at 7:02 AM  

Shawn, that video is AMAZING! What a terrific story you have to share. I hope many families benefit from your blog and have the same level of success. Cate Miller

Anonymous August 14, 2009 at 8:54 AM  

Shawn, What a beautiful video...you are so talented! My face is wet with tears after watching it. I just can't tell you how happy I am for all FOUR of your Cinderellas and the whole family. Thank you for letting us take this journey with you all. Love you all, Courtney

AliciaB August 14, 2009 at 8:57 AM  

What a beautiful video! It just gave me goosebumps and brought tears to my eyes! What precious little girls you have! Thank you for allowing us into your lives to share this journey with you all!
Much love coming your way!
Alicia

Timothy and Jenny August 14, 2009 at 9:18 AM  

What a beautiful video for your daughter and the hurdles she has over come along with you all. What a fighter and miracle she is. What an amazing life she has already lead. CDH babies are such survivors and fighters. I pray that Kamryn continues to get stronger every day.

Jenny (Weston's mommy CDH survivor)

Tracy Meats August 14, 2009 at 11:00 AM  

What a beautiful video of your daughter and the battle she has overcome! Tears of joy from watching that video and the love, faith and hope the Studdard family has for their beautiful children can be seen. Kamryn is a fighter and one strong little girl...I hope she continues to do very well and has no complications. To see Stephanie feeding both girls at the same time, just priceless. I have loved getting to know a little bit about your family and following the girls' amazing journeys. Many prayers continue for your beautiful family!!

Much love to the Studdard family!
Tracy

Liz and Shane August 14, 2009 at 12:10 PM  

what a beautiful video! we love that song. I am so happy and crying tears of joy for all of you. what a journey!

Anonymous August 14, 2009 at 2:00 PM  

Shawn, that slideshow is truly beautiful. It made me cry! I can't wait till we can come visit everyone together. Love, Barbi

The Griffin Family August 14, 2009 at 2:57 PM  

Oh...My...GOSH. I am sitting in the waiting room to NICU 3 as they move Maxs room, and I am a DISASTER right now. I just sat there with tears running down my face as I watched your video. You guys rock. Kamryn ROCKS. Ugh...I need a tissue.

Jordan

Michael and Elizabeth Reeve August 14, 2009 at 5:57 PM  

WOW what an amazing story. You guys have done brilliantly...all of you!!
Did you receive my gift by the way? I know it was a while ago now.

Maybe our dream of James & Kamryn meeting one day will come true.

Well done guys.

Love to you all.....especially grown up big sister Hollie ;-) xx

Candice and Rob Beal August 14, 2009 at 9:02 PM  

awwww love the pics....love you guys

Jaime's World August 14, 2009 at 10:17 PM  

Shawn,
You've become quite savvy with this blog stuff! Your video is PERFECT, just as all 3 of your little girls are!
We are so happy for all of you! Stephanie, you look so comfortable feeding your little ones at the same time, what a great photo!
Your updates always make us smile.
God bless,
Sheryl

Elizabeth August 15, 2009 at 3:49 PM  

Beautiful video - but you have a beautiful family - inside and out! Ah - one baby is hard two - twice as hard to adjust to schedules and such! Twice the fun too!

Thank you for sharing - with thoughts and prayers!
Elizabeth

PS Loved the "chose feet over angel wings" ;-)

Chanda August 16, 2009 at 9:13 AM  

I loved the video!! It was informative and personal and just perfect.
Kamryn has done amazing and it's also good to see that Brooke is also well. ....hopefully, the sleep thing gets back to somewhat normal for you guys!!!....Love seeing all of the pics and continue to wish you all well!!!
Chanda

Elizabeth Griffin August 16, 2009 at 9:49 PM  

What an amazing video! Tears of joy all the way! You are such an amazing husband and father too. It's so wonderful for you all to share your journey about Kamryn. I know she is so happy to be home with her family. Best wishes and prayers to your family!

Elizabeth Griffin

  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP