Great!!!!! Hollie has the Swine Flu!!!!

>> Saturday, October 10, 2009

Yep, that's right... I was on my way to take her to meet my sister, brother in law and my niece, so that they could take her to Six Flags, to celebrate my niece's birthday. I noticed something was wrong when Hollie wouldn't eat the donuts I bought her for the ride over there. She wasn't talking much. I kept asking her if she was excited and nervous about the roller coasters, etc... Finally, I felt her head and she was burning up. I pulled over to the closest Walgreens to get some Motrin and a thermometer. Sure enough, she had 101 fever. I immediately gave her the motrin and called my sister to call off the trip. Hollie was so scared that she would disappoint Madelyn and my sister. She didn't want them to be mad at her for cancelling. I told her that she wouldn't have any fun if she went feeling this badly (not realizing yet that she had the swing flu). I decided to go ahead and meet them in the parking lot to give them a hug anyway, b/c I don't see them much. Well, on the way, I get a ticket for running a stop sign. It was more like a stop line, on the feeder road. It was the weirdest place for a stop sign to be, and I realized I ran it right afterwards. And sure enough, flashing lights were behind me in no time. The whole time the officer is talking to me, Brooke is wailing in the backseat (if the car is not in motion, she goes bananas). I thought for sure, this officer would cut me some slack, seeing that I had twins in the back, one crying and a sick 7 year old in the front. But nope, he just said that he knows how I feel, b/c he has a 3 month old at home. REALLY???? YOU KNOW HOW I FEEL??? SHEESH!!!! Sorry, just had to get that out.

Anyway, we see my sister, give quick hugs. I changed the babies, fed them a quick bottle, and we were on our way to the after hours clinic. We timed it just right, b/c we were the first ones there. No waiting AT ALL!!! They did a strep and flu test. No strep, but she tested positive for the Swine Flu. Sssooooooooo, they gave her a prescription for Tamiflu and 3 pharmacies later, we were able to get it filled. Shawn's mom came over to pick up Kamryn and keep her until Hollie is better. I've washed all the babies linens that Hollie has touched, and "lysoled" all their toys, swings, bouncers, etc... Shawn and I are so nervous that they or we will get this. Please pray that Hollie heals quickly, and that Shawn, me and/or the babies do not get this. Hollie is doing really well. I'm keeping the motrin in her and she's busy coloring and watching tv.

That's all for now!

Thank you so much for your prayers. We appreciate it.

Stephanie

8 comments:

Sue mom to Emily LCDH 1-22-08 October 10, 2009 at 8:22 PM  

I am so sorry that Hollie is sick,and with swine flu no less. Hopefully the Tamiflu and motrin will work magic on her so she heals quickly, while the rest of you stay healthy. I feel so badly that she missed a day at Six Flags with family, but right now,getting better is most important.
As for the ticket, it kinda sounds like a trap. When so many people are speeding down the roads and other worse things, it seems ridiculous for you to get a ticket in that situation. As for him "knowing how you feel"...I DON'T think so!
Hopefully the weekend only gets better.

Liz and Shane October 10, 2009 at 9:37 PM  

I will be praying for you and the rest of the family to stay healthy. I hope Hollie feels better soon.

Jaime's World October 11, 2009 at 10:00 AM  

WOW, that stinks-well, both the flu AND the ticket!
I'm so sorry! I have heard of other "high risk" families here in Cleveland being treated with Tamiflu prophylactically when one family member shows signs or tests positive for the Swine Flu. In fact, Jaime is on it because of his hospital stay.
I hope she gets better quickly and that no one else gets her cooties!
good luck!
Much love and many prayers coming your way!
Sheryl

Tracy Meats October 11, 2009 at 12:42 PM  

Prayers for Hollie...hope she feels better soon and no complications arise.

Hugs, Tracy

Christina Jones October 11, 2009 at 8:14 PM  

Praying for Hollie's quick recovery and that the rest of the family stays healthy.

Anonymous October 12, 2009 at 1:38 PM  

Praying that Hollie feels better real soon and no one else's gets the flu!
Keeping you all in my prayers!

Elizabeth October 14, 2009 at 5:55 PM  

Our school district is distributing the H1N1 shots next week. It takes two shots. We have had it around here too - it caused one death - a 9 year old boy who had a congenital heart issue.

I hope Holly feels better soon and the babes natural immunities kick in and keep them safe!

With thoughts and prayers,
Elizabeth

Tracy Meats October 20, 2009 at 7:57 PM  

How is everybody doing? Been checking in to see how the girls and you and Shawn are doing...hoping Hollie is feeling lots better. Hopefully, no news is good news.

Hugs,
Tracy

  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP