Met the Dickersons

>> Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Hi everyone! We met the Dickersons last night. They came over for dinner, and they are such a sweet, loving couple! We answered their questions the best we could. They are scared, and have a look of fear on their face. After they left, I told Shawn that I wish I could make this right for them. I wish I could give them a guarantee that everything is going to be just fine. But, I can't. We showed them pictures of Kamryn hooked up to the ventilator, and swollen. We tried to prepare them as much as possible. But, we all know that that's nearly impossible. Today, they are meeting up at Parkland/Childrens to talk to the team of doctors and nurses that will get them through this. They will also get the tour of Parkland. I tried to prepare them that Parkland is what it is, but the team of doctors and nurses there are PHENOMENAL! They were just diagnosed with this condition a few weeks ago, so their brain is on overload, and the stress and tension is visible. My heart is breaking for this sweet family. I'm reaching out to my CDH family to please pray for Jennifer, Todd and Ava. Pray that they find comfort and peace. Pray that their delivery is uneventful, so that Ava isn't put under any more stress than she has to be. And pray that sweet baby Ava finds her will to fight through this, so that she can live a long and eventful life.

Love and thanks!

Stephanie

3 comments:

Jennifer Tenney October 13, 2010 at 8:02 AM  

Many prayers for Jennifer, Todd, and Ava. We know how rough this time is ... the waiting and worrying! Many prayers that Ava comes out fighting!
Hugs,
Jennifer
Mom to Dakota 12-25-2008
RCDH survivor

Tracy Meats October 13, 2010 at 12:37 PM  

Stephanie and Shawn,

Your girls are getting so big! I can't believe how big they are getting. And of couse, so beautiful! You just want to reach through your screen and hug them. I am happy to see Kamryn doing so well...that is wonderful! You have a beautiful family.

I am sure you both are great comfort to Jennifer and Todd and Kamryn is a sign of HOPE! My thoughts and prayers are with baby Ava, may she have that warrior spirit and come out fighting! I hope her mom has an easy delivery and their little girl has an easy journey. Jennifer and Todd, if you are reading this, have faith in your little girl and take each day as it comes. Hold onto HOPE! Cherish your little girl.

It seems like forever ago that I checked into your blog...my bad. I haven't been doing as much blogging as I used too. It is always nice to check-in and see your girls' smiling faces.

Much love to all!
Tracy, Ian's mom

Jaime's World October 13, 2010 at 5:47 PM  

I hate the thought of families diagnosed with this awful birth defect. So late in the game, too...how horrible. I must say, I don't know which is worse stressing out about the arrival early on in the pregnancy or later on? Early gives you more time to absorb what's about to happen, but later leaves you less time to worry. I just don't know, but I can tell you that we'll be keeping them all in our thoughts and prayers.
Please extend love and prayers to them and let them know that they are becoming part of an elite group of individuals known as The CDH Family!
Please keep us updated on Baby Ava's arrival on Friday!
Thanks,
Love and prayers, always,
Sheryl

  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP