First Day Home!!!

>> Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Hi everyone. As you know, I'm FINALLY home. I can't even begin to tell you how good it feels to sleep in my own bed.

Yesterday afternoon and evening were especially hard though. Bringing Brooke home was an incredible feeling. Although, it was just so hard to leave Kamryn behind. I hated that a piece of me was still left there in that hospital. Although, the nurses that are watching after her day and night are nothing short of amazing, so I know that she is in good hands. Shawn called up there late last night and she was still doing amazingly well.

My pain as of last night was still pretty intense. It has been hard to walk, sit up, stand up and sit back down. It was so hard being home, and not really being able to do anything. Depressing, actually. We fed Brooke and changed Brooke at about 10:30pm, and then it was lights out. Of course, Brooke and Shawn (and Hollie - she HAD to sleep with us last night) were snoozing away, and I was scared to death to go to sleep. I was afraid the cat would jump in the cradle, or I was afraid that Brooke would cry and I wouldn't wake up. Well, she slept all the way to 2:30 and finally started to stir a little bit. I got up with her, changed her, fed her and put her right back down. She slept til about 6:00 or 6:30. Just like her big sister, she's a fabulous sleeper. Shawn got up with her, and let me sleep until 9:30. I'm a happy camper. I'm especially happy, b/c my pain is so much better today. I can finally walk around without looking like a hunch back. I can't tell you what a relief that is.

Shawn is on his way to the hospital to check on Kamryn. My friend Jackie is on her way in town to stay with me for a few days. She and I are going to go up there tonight to see Kam. I can't wait to see my baby. I miss her so much.

Shawn has been a TREMENDOUS help for me. He's done so much. He did all the laundry before I got home. Since we've been home, he's been helping out with Brooke so much. Feeding her, changing her, sterilizing bottles, getting bottles ready, etc. I can't tell you how lucky and blessed I feel right at this very moment to have him. He's done so much more than I ever could have asked for. I'm so thankful!!!

I also wanted to let everyone know how thankful I am for all their texts, emails and blog responses. I am just now getting around to reading them, and responding. It may take me a while to get to yours, but I just want you to know that I appreciate them so very much. It's so nice to have such wonderful friends and family in my life who care so much.

Shawn will update tonight with a Kamryn update. Love to you all.

Love, Stef

5 comments:

Tracy Meats June 23, 2009 at 12:22 PM  

(((HUGS))) Stephanie, you are doing an awesome job!! Praying with each day, the pain gets lighter and it gets easier to move around. Sounds like you have great family and friends helping out. Praying for Kamryn that she continues kicking some CDH butt....she is doing awesome and praying for only good strong days in her future. Beautiful girls Stephanie!

Sending love and prayers,
Tracy

Rachel Dominguez June 23, 2009 at 2:45 PM  

I just want to say...DONT freak out. You all are doing soooooo well. Kamryn is a humongeous (if you spell it that way) fighter.

She knows you love her, and will be back to visit her and have only left her so that she can heal in peace.

You two people are two of the bravest, most wonderful people I have ever had the pleasure of knowing (on the blog anyway)...

You need to sleep....If Kam is anything like you, Shawn, Brooke and Hollie, she will be just fine. She is just special and needs some extra time to rest.

You guys are on my mind constantly!!!! I am praying with all my heart and soul that you will have all three of your beautiful girls under one roof very soon. But remember...one of my favorite sayings is "GOOD THINGS COME TO THOSE THAT WAIT!"
She is going to come home...just you wait!

All my love,

Rachel(Lee's Summit, MO)
lovefor9.blogspot.com
luvfor9@gmail.com

Your Gospel-Loving Friend June 23, 2009 at 4:25 PM  

I don't know if you already read their blog, but Doug & Jacy had twins, one with DH too...and know exactly what you're going through. http://www.oliviashope.org/journal/

I'm so glad you & Brooke are home- & I'm sure Kamryn will be there in no time...What a testimony these kids are to others!

Elizabeth June 23, 2009 at 5:05 PM  

Don't overdo - sometimes with C-sections we think the pain is behind and we over do it and then we are back. Keep up with meds so you are not in pain - even if it is Advil. The best way to recover is to be out of pain and move but not over do it! Been there done that!

You are all doing so well - and everyone is right - Kamryn will be home soon - she just needs a bit more time. (That four letter word we all hate - time.)

With thoughts, prayers and sending Miss Kamryn Lung Function chants!
Elizabeth

Anonymous June 23, 2009 at 6:29 PM  

Steph you are an amazing mom! Your whole family is so lucky to have you. Kamryn is such a strong baby girl. My prayers are with her. Please let me know if you need anything. I am just down the street. I can always run to the store for you or bake you a favorite treat. LOL! Love and Blessings to you all!

Elizabeth Griffin
469-742-3756

  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP