Positive trend continues

>> Tuesday, June 23, 2009

We are happy to report that we are back into a positive trend. The improvements with Kamryn today were small, but we will take it. I had the first shift today and Kamryn spent the entire time awake and eyes wide open. It is amazing to watch her look around the room. I can only wonder what she is thinking. She stares at the tubes coming out of her mouth and I just get a sense that she knows this isn't right. She tugs at her stomach tube and I just want to pull it out for her. I know it's necessary, but it isn't comfortable for my little girl and it breaks my heart to see her like that. I know she is heavily sedated, but it is just so hard to watch.

I need to take this opportunity to express my thanks to the Parkland NICU nurses and doctors. They are, without a doubt, simply amazing people and medical professionals. Regardless of Kamryn's outcome, I will know in my heart that Kamryn is in the best hands possible and that our medical team has done everything that can and should be done to save her life. Each of them are sincerely interested in making sure we have every question answered and spend so much time explaining the current strategy. I can honestly say we haven't met a single nurse or doctor that we aren't 100% confident in. I spent a number of hours today with her nurse Tracy who I can tell just loves our little girl so much. She is so sweet and compassionate and I feel really confident when I leave the NICU. You can't put a price on that feeling. We have spent time with so many nurses and doctors who have been absolutely incredible, but it is nice to start seeing the same people assigned for numerous shifts. Stef took the second shift and Gretchen was there for another night shift. Gretchen let Stef change Kamryn's diaper and brush her gums. Stef walked through the door tonight on top of the world. That was the first real physical interaction we have had with our little girl since she was born.

Brooke has proved to be a very easy baby (lets hope that continues). It's been so fun taking care of her although I am having to re-learn everything. She really is exactly like Hollie was when she was a baby. We are excited to have Jackie, one of Stef's very best friends from Houston, staying with us this week. It has been terrific for Stef and she is so helpful.

Well, that's the update for tonight. Hoping for more positive steps tomorrow!

Have a great evening everyone!
Shawn

5 comments:

Craftysis7 June 23, 2009 at 11:50 PM  

Continued prayers for your little Kamryn that she will have total healing. Praying for rest, peace and strength for mom and dad until you have all your family home with you!! May God Bless Your Family!! God is Good!!

Sissy
Nashville, TN

Jen June 24, 2009 at 12:32 AM  

So happy to hear the positive news still coming in. Keep it up Kamryn!

Tracy Meats June 24, 2009 at 11:40 AM  

Keep the good days coming Kamryn and keep making those baby steps in the right direction. We are praying for you Kamryn!!

Much love, Tracy

Rachel Dominguez June 24, 2009 at 11:50 AM  

Great to hear positive continues!

My prayers are continuting throughout each day!

Elizabeth June 24, 2009 at 5:22 PM  

Small steps forward are wonderful. When they make leaps and bounds too quickly - the set backs are scary! Kamryn's small positive steps are a good thing - it means that healing is happening and this is GOOD!

Keeping you all in my thoughts, prayers and sending Miss Kamryn Lung Function chants,
Elizabeth

  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP