2 Month Check Up!

>> Thursday, August 20, 2009

So, this morning, we all went to the babies 2 month check up! It went well. Brooke weighs 13 pounds, and Kamryn weighs 10. They are both thriving and doing well. They also had to get their 2 month shots. So hard. Kamryn is used to being stuck, so she wimpered a little bit, and then fell asleep. Brooke on the other hand, wasn't too happy about the whole thing. I felt so bad for her. We also talked to the doctor about their sleeping habits. I'm staying up with them until sometimes 2 and 3 in the morning waiting for them to fall asleep. When I put them in their cribs, they cry and fuss. Shawn has said from day one, just to let them cry it out, as long as you go down the check list. Are they dry? Are they fed? Are they hurting? So, we asked the doctor and he didn't see any reason why we can't just let them work this out on their own (cry it out). I don't know about you, but being a mom, and hearing your babies cry is THE HARDEST THING!!! It must be different for Dad's. But, when I know that I can walk in there and console them, my heart tells me I should. But, then again, I'm not getting enough sleep, and it's starting to show. I'm literally a walking zombie at this point averaging about 3 to 4 hours of sleep a night, and those aren't consecutive hours either. Something has to change and it has to change FAST!!! So, I guess I'm just going to let them cry it out and see how it goes. I dread this, but it has to be done. The doctor said that if you just put them in their crib and let them fall asleep on their own, the grow up to be stronger kiddos, and less needy all the time. I have to agree with that. It's just going to be hard.

So, last night, at midnight no less, while I was up with the twins, they were being SO CUTE. I had to run downstairs to get the camera and take their picture. How cute are they??? They were just looking at me like, now what are we gonna do mom???



Kamryn... She's gaining weight too, which is awesome. she's cooing and smiling, and it's soooo cute.



Brooke, after being up most of the afternoon and evening. This picture was taken at about midnight, and she had been up for almost 8 hours. And still not sleeping. I just don't get it.



And here they are after staying up and partying all night. Life's hard when you're 2 months old, huh?



So, that's all for now. My sister and her daughter are coming in town for the Women of Faith conference. I'm really looking forward to it. Tonight, Hollie has Meet the Teacher. I can't wait to see her room, and meet Mrs. Bass. Hollie is sooo excited about school starting this year. I think she's more excited about having her very own locker. I'm not excited about getting up early and doing homework, but since I'm staying home now, it will be a little easier. Again, once we get into a routine, I'll be fine. Me and my routines, I swear!!!

I hope everyone has a good rest of the week. I'm sure Shawn will be posting some time over the weekend. We need to do our family pictures soon. Can't wait for that!

I also just talked to Candice, Jackson's mommy. We talked for almost an hour. It was so good to talk to her and see how she is doing. Candice, I enjoyed our conversation. You are such a STRONG woman. I admire your strength and courage you have to get through each day. Much love to you and your family!!!

Love,
Stephanie

5 comments:

Tracy Meats August 20, 2009 at 1:24 PM  

Way to go girls on the weight gain and thriving...you just need to give your mommy some time to sleep!! Maybe when Hollie is back in school, you will definitely have to sleep when they take naps at the same time. Shots are no fun. Ian has been like that too with shots, barely makes a noise and my other two make a racket when they see that needle coming.

Something that may work, which I did with my boys, is after I laid them down in their crib, I would sit on the floor and talk to them/read or play soft music, with the lights out and get them calmed down for sleep. I hated to see my babies cry too and it is very hard to watch them cry and not pick them up. Sometimes, I found myself falling asleep on the floor, but it eventually worked for me. Brooke has to be tired, if she stays up for 8 hours in the evening without a nap. We met Ian's teacher this morning, he is so ready for Kindergarten. Hope Hollie has a fun night and likes her teacher too!!

Sleep wishes coming your way!!
Hugs, Tracy

Jen August 20, 2009 at 4:15 PM  

Aw, how cute are they?!! I think they are just making up for lost time being away from each other. Now that they've reunited, they have so much to catch up on! ;-) I love that picture of the two of them asleep the exact same way in their carseats! Don't beat yourself up Steph - the girls need their rest and so do you! It will all work out.

Jen

Jaime's World August 20, 2009 at 4:57 PM  

Hi Stephanie,
So glad the girls' 2 month check-up was so good!
I LOVE the photos of the girls! They are too cute! It's strange to note that they are twins, but so different in size. I know it's because of Kamryn's NICU stay, but it's just weird to think. (Of course, Jaime doesn't look 18 weeks at all, either).
So, I have to tell you, no I don't have twins, nor can I relate to that, but I can relate to the lack of sleep. I'm exhausted. It's a very strange transition from NICU to home. My problem isn't so much Jaime not sleeping, as he sleeps about 5 to 6 hours a night, it's just his darn monitor going off...all night....every single time he moves!!!! AHHHHH!!!! If he didn't take his O2 out at night, I think I'd turn off that silly monitor all together. HA!
Here's hoping and praying for restful nights for the both of us in the very near future!!! :-)
Love and prayers to all of you!
Sheryl

Chanda August 20, 2009 at 8:15 PM  

I love the pics! .......I pray for sleep for you and continuing good health!! .......p.s. thank you so much for sending me your CDH information....here soon, I'd like to have time to read it. ....now, if I could get you to write something easy to understand on aspyxiation (?), that would be great!.....you guys have beautiful girls!!! Take care.

ohmomablog August 22, 2009 at 1:17 PM  

I'm a mother of 3 under the age of 6 years. My kids basically only stayed up at night when they were hungry. By 2 months I was giving them just a little rice cereal in their night time bottles. This really helped them to sleep more through the night. It also helped me sleep longer through the night! It may be worth a try.

oh-moma.blogspot.com

  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP