Surgeon Appointment and Video

>> Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Hi everyone. Well, it's been a very busy past couple of weeks. With Hollie starting school and all of her after school activities, and then the twins, I feel like I'm being pulled in all different directions. I'm LOVING staying at home with the girls. I love walking Hollie to school every day, and picking her up in the car pool lane. Brooke and Kamryn are usually fed up with sitting in a non-moving car (engine still running of course) in the car pool lane, by the time we get Hollie, but it's still fun. I just love to see the look on Hollie's face when she sees me. It's the best reward ever!!!

We took Kamryn to see the surgeon today for a routine checkup. He was very impressed with her and how well she's doing. He said the scar looks like it's healing very well. He was very happy with her progress and doesn't see a need for any follow up appointments or x-rays for CDH in the future as long as we continue to have no issues. We just see the pediatrician from here on out like we do with Brooke. We were both so pleased to hear that and just feel incredibly blessed to be able to put all of this behind us. We know that with a patch Kamryn will always have a higher possibility of re-herniation, but he didn't use Gore-tex so this new type of patch should grow with her better. We both firmly believe that the lack of any CDH related feeding issues is due to this amazing surgeon. He truly is a remarkable and treated Kamryn just like she was his own child and we are fortunate to have found him. The whole time Dr. Megison was talking, Kamryn was just laying down looking up at him laughing and cooing. It was so cute. We then took her downstairs for x-rays. That was hard, because Shawn and I both had to hold her down for two different images. She was so happy up until that point. She HATED the x-rays. But, it didn't last long, and she was back to her chipper self. Dr. Megison emailed Shawn just a couple hours later and said Kamryn's heart has shifted to the left like we wanted, her lung has filled up the empty space completely in her chest, and all the fluid is gone. Everything else is exactly where it is supposed to be so she got an A+ on her images! We were also able to get some more pictures of the day Kamryn was discharged and just had to post this one. This is one of her primary nurses, Tamara, holding her before we left.
Attached is a video of the girls. I've titled it "We're All Sisters". You'll understand why when you watch it. Hollie is just so proud to be a big sister. It also shows how awesome of a big sister she is. She helps me out so much with both girls. Brooke is just in her bouncer chillin', and Hollie gets Kamryn out of the swing and sits down with Brooke and plays with them. The girls love to be held by Hollie. If they are fussy, all Hollie has to do is pick them up and hold them and they stop. They just adore her!!! Oh, and Hollie dressed herself that morning. Like the look?



Kamryn is close to rolling over from front to back. The twins are really starting to become aware of each other. When they are laying down beside each other, they will sometimes lock arms. It's really cute. My nights are 10 times better. My sister in law introduced me to these blankets called the Miracle Blankets. They are swaddling blankets that literally wrap around them a gazillion times. Last night, they slept through the night. 10 hours!!!! I'm such a happy camper!!! Anyway, that's all for now. Enjoy the video. They are fun to make and a lot more fun to watch!


I will post another video of Hollie tomorrow or within the next few days, along with more pictures.

Love, Stef

8 comments:

Unknown September 10, 2009 at 7:28 AM  

Wow! It has been a total joy to watch your amazing family and to see the answered prayers that continue to bless you!

Stephanie, you were born to be a mother. I always knew that your children would be very lucky to have you as their mommy. Shawn is an amazing husband and a wonderful daddy. It has been a gift to watch your marriage and your family grow in faith, hope and love.

Your little girls are just beautiful! I can't wait to come visit everyone and meet the twins.

Enjoy this time with your 3 angels! They grow up so fast!

Love,
Kimberley, Jason & Emma Booth

Tracy Meats September 10, 2009 at 12:35 PM  

What wonderful news regarding Kamryn's check-up!!! What a super star she is. I look forward to the day, they tell me I don't have to bring Ian back for check-ups. This year's check-ups did not go well at all. That video of your 3 girls is just precious...sisters, but I bet lifelong best friends. Fingers crossed the girls continue sleeping through the night for you, 10 hours is awesome. Brooke and Kamryn look great!!

Enjoy your time with your girls, for time does go by too fast.

Much love, Tracy

Craig and Kristi Kuehl September 10, 2009 at 2:58 PM  

OMG!!! They are so precious and getting so big!! Praise the Lord for sleep for you and what a GREAT HELPER you have in Hollie! I would say you are one lucky family!!

Jaime's World September 10, 2009 at 8:48 PM  

It's official, Hollie is the BEST big sister EVER!!! Gosh, she's so darn cute...the twins are absolutely adorable, too!
I'm a bit jealous that you get the little ones to sleep for 10 hours...the most Jaime has ever slept is 6! :-( yawn! LOL!

Take care...great to see an update from you!

Love,
Sheryl

Elizabeth Grififn September 10, 2009 at 9:42 PM  

The three sisters are so great together! I am so glad to hear that Kamryn is doing so well. I still need to hold some baby girls. Take care! :) :)

Elizabeth September 16, 2009 at 8:41 PM  

Love the video - and they are doing so well! She is a great big sister!

BTW - sent a lady from the UK to your blog - also expecting a twin with CDH. I know you give hope!

With thoughts and prayers - and lots of smiles too,
Elizabeth

Anonymous September 19, 2009 at 11:26 AM  

Hi,

My name is Sheri Smith. I saw your story on channel 8 last night and just wanted to extend a hello, as well as my best wishes to Kamryn! It was amazing to finally see CDH gain some news attention!

I'm a 3 time Mom of CDH. My first 2 sons born with CDH, Jacob in 1991 and Chance in 1993 lost their battles and are my precious angles. My 3rd son, Jaxtyn, is a CDH survivor. He is 4 yrs old now and doing wonderful, though he is developmentally delayed due to his rough start which included 2 weeks on ECMO.

We live in the Dallas area and I am always interested in meeting others in DFW who have been touched by CDH. I'd love to chat if your time allows.

May God continue to bless your little ones! You will all be in my prayers :)

Sincerely,
Sheri Smith
pokiedoodle@yahoo.com

Rachel Dominguez September 30, 2009 at 2:24 PM  

omgosh!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have to tell you that I had to stop reading blogs several months ago due to a block put on my work computer. By the time I got a laptop paid for and internet hooked up, I had lost alot of my blog address.

I had been reading about your pregnancy from early on and all about your girls. I prayed every single day and night for thier safe arrival and for Kamryn's health!!!

But I lost your blog address just shortly after the post about Kamryn going into surgery. I HAVE BEEN IN TOTAL DISPAIR wanting to know how the girls were doing, how was Kamryn, how did the surgery go, blah blah blah.

You have no clue how it made me feel to find you, after searching for days and days to find your blog. The first thing I did is scroll down looking for pictures so I'd know that they were all 3 here and ok. YES!!!!!! Praise Jesus!!!
I then watched the news clip in the corner, and I have just sobbed and sobbed. You have no idea the relief I feel and they arent even my babies..Lol.

I am so glad to have found you guys again, and so thankful to the Lord above for answering my prayers.

Kamryn looks so amazing and healthy, what a true miracle!

Thanks for sharing the girls w/us readers.

Love and Prayer,

Rachel
luvfor9@gmail.com
lovefor9.blogspot.com

  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP